Buchla 100/200 Series Synthsizer Modules
This is a collection of documents related to the Buchla 100 and 200 series of modules, provided in support of the DIY community. The base documentation is the module list and descriptions originally published by Don Buchla, accessible via the links in the left nav. To each of the module descriptions, I am adding links to images, schematics, build notes, PCB/kit suppliers, and any other supplemental information I can find. If you have suggestions or links you’d like to see added, please contact me.
Of course, I offer a few PCBs based on Buchla designs myself.
Here are links to various information collections and DIY suppliers that have helped make Buchla DIY possible.
- Magnus Danielson’s crucial collection of Buchla schematics: https://rubidium.dyndns.org/~magnus/synths/companies/buchla/
- Buchla schematics on Kevin Lightner’s Synthfool site http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Buchla/
- Peake’s Ebolatone blog, documenting some of his research & builds: http://ebolatone.blogspot.com/
- Mark Verobs’ “Chronicles of one man's experience building, repairing, cloning and adding to the buchla electric music box” http://buchlatech.blogspot.com/
- Also from Mark Verbos, who did some of the earliest work on early Buchla circuits (258, 292, 291, SOU)... originally shared on his simple-answer.com site but no longer there, may be partially archived via the WayBack Machine
- Master tech Dave Brown’s Buchla build reports https://modularsynthesis.com/roman/buchla.htm
- Electric Music Store, source for PCBs/panels for 200 series clones, originally designed by Roman Filippov https://electricmusicstore.com/ (includes build docs for those PCBs: https://electricmusicstore.com/blogs/build)
- Engraved and/or silk-screened panels for a few modules are available from Juilan at thebeast; he as expressed a willingness to do more.